At 06:56 AM 7/30/05 -0400, dhbailey wrote:
>I'll go further and say that I think MakeMusic has made a huge mistake
>in including any such playback device.

I agree with you.

The production of 'human playback' Midi was worthwhile, because it pretty
much covers the ground of how effective production is done once outside the
Finale 'bottle'. I hope that option stays and doesn't get swamped by the
GPO/Kontakt marketing, because it offers good raw material to work with.

But trying to create yet another entirely proprietary studio from the
ground up? It takes the product back to 1995.

Someone said -- was it Raymond Horton? -- that he didn't want to have to
learn sequencers. And yet here is a disguised version of the same thing,
tied up in limitations and inflexibly bound to the approved manufacturers,
provided with debilitated sets of samples, unable to be expanded with the
musician/composer's own library, and almost as much work to set in motion.

This is an alliance born out of sheer marketing desperation because it
takes a professional engraving program, leaves behind the improvements and
expansions and even debugging, and saddles it with the studio that's the
artistic equivalent of a box of 16 Crayolas.

Dennis