From: Aaron Sherber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: July 30, 2005 8:41 AM
To: finale@shsu.edu; finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] GPO instrument loading

At 08:25 AM 07/30/2005, dhbailey wrote:
 >powerful enough to load 8 instances of the player.  I wonder why the
 >MakeMusic developers felt it incumbent on them to list those 8 instances
 >for the VST player as 1-16 instead of 1-8?  Would different
 >NI-compatible soundsets actually allow use of all 16 channels of each
 >instance?

I think (though again, I'm just playing with this myself) that the
full version of Kontakt allows for 16 channels. In limiting it to 8
(for whatever reason), I suppose it was easier to let the player
start every 16, where it usually does, and disable the top 8 rather
than making it start every 8.

Also, I think that this allows some compatibility between Finale GPO
and full GPO -- if a file is set up for Finale it should play in full
GPO no problem. But if the player used 1-8 and then 9-16 in Finale
GPO, when you tried to load full GPO you'd be asking it to put
channel 9 in the second player rather than in the first where full
GPO expects it.

Please note that I'm just experimenting myself. If these answers are
wrong, I hope someone will correct me.

Aaron.