My Dear Listfriends,

As one who (wisely?) sprang for GPO prior to MakeMusic's (MM)  2006
announcement, I would like to add my two cents to what I've read so far.

1. GPO is a lovely set of sounds with really terrible documentation. I
know how the percussion works now, I simply cannot imagine how to combine
playback and a modicum of notation for performance.

2. The lack of documentation seems to occur as it springs from the NATIVE
INSTRUMENTS and KONTAKT world. If you think MM is hyper about protection
with lame setups, try NI;-)

3. As yet no one seems to be able to access 128 voices.

4. If we're confused, just imagine how it's going to be for the rest of
the world.

5. I have ordered KONTAKT in the deal with 2006 regidtration. I hope I may
be able to report that this acquisition will enable me to prepare some
materials to find a way outof this mess for us;-)

Henry Howey
Professor of Music
  Sam Houston State University
  Box 2208