On 31 Jul 2005 at 12:46, Darcy James Argue wrote:

> On 31 Jul 2005, at 12:11 PM, John Hughes wrote:
>
> > I'm sorry you're taking this so hard Darcy.  Why do you come out
> > swinging?
>
> I'm not "coming out swinging," John.  I'm trying to help you.  I asked
> you how your GPO was set up and you started talking about your MIDI
> Setup, which is completely irrelevant to the question.  This leads me
> to believe that you are still playing back using the soundfont, and
> not GPO.

Well, it seems to me that John's confusion here is natural. Now,
granted, I don't have Finale 2006 in front of me to work with, but to
me, GPO *ought* to be one of the MIDI output options, because it's,
well A MIDI OUTPUT OPTION. I don't care what the underlying
technologies are, but from a user point of view, it's an output
device and oughtn't be treated in a special way, in completely
different dialogs that are located somewhere else.

This is one of the big problems with adapting any program to the
specifics of another program.

It seems to me that this kind of thing can only exacerbate Finale's
already myriad UI problems.