On 01 Aug 2005, at 7:20 AM, dhbailey wrote:

Darcy James Argue wrote:

In both cases, you should make sure the expression "pizz" is NOT defined for playback, and that Human Playback is on and set to "Auto-Detect."

I realize that Darcy isn't the person who raised the question as to why anyone would need two playback files, in response to my whining about how GPO is now going to force us to have at least two copies of a Finale file, if not 3.

If to use the FinaleGPO properly we are supposed to define expressions so they do NOT playback,

Only for the keyswitches.

we will need to create and place substitute expressions which WILL playback for folks who don't want to or can't use GPO playback (due to computer limitations) when we share Finale2006 files with them.

No, because Human Playback catches those expressions ("pizz" "arco") and interprets them correctly even when you're not playing back using GPO.

That's the point of leaving the expressions undefined -- otherwise, you *would* need two sets of expressions, one for the Finale SoundFont, and one for GPO. But by leaving them undefined, Human Playback is able to automatically interpret them correctly depending on which playback method you have selected.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY