I can tell you first hand that some music therapists are doing some very useful things with autistics and other folk with this sort of impairment. With some autistics, music helps them focus and be present, even severely autistic individuals. No cures, though.

Crystal Premo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: Phil Daley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] Re: TAN: Brain music
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 11:15:40 -0400

At 8/1/2005 10:26 AM, John Howell wrote:

>(Of course I still don't understand what "music therapy" is or what "music therapists" do!)

Oh, that brings up a long forgotten assignment in a grad school Writing Techniques class wherein I had to write a short treatise on "Music Therapy", you know, complete with research notes, bibliography, etc, etc, etc.

My conclusion - total malarkey ;-)

YMMV

Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley