Sorry – there is a typo in my subject. I meant Audio not Audion, should that make a difference. My choices when saving are ‘Standard Audio’ (*.wav) or compressed Audio (*.mp3). I spent all day looking at this yesterday, and it seems very strange. Sometimes it works fine, and then next time it distorts. I can get rid of the distortion sometimes by changing the channel in the instrument list window, but there does not seem to be consistent reason. Saving as audio still works fine on WinFin2k5, so it isn’t my midi setup or soundcard. I’m not using GPO (at the moment) so I’m thinking it must be something to do with the new studio/mixer stuff. Human Playback (on/off) does not make a difference either.

I’m up early (5.30) today to spend some time on this so I don’t waste another day.

Gary

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gerald Berg
Sent: 08 August 2005 22:50
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] Save as Audion File

You have a choice Audion file or AIFF -- Audion is for Audion only. Save the file to AIFF

Jerry

On 8-Aug-05, at 6:59 AM, Gary Griffiths wrote:

WinFin2k6 – I am trying to save as an audio file (wav), but when I play it back all I get is really distorted playback, sounding like a very overdriven electric guitar, when all I want is clarinet and piano.

This is from files created in earlier versions, so I tried from scratch.

Setup Wizard
SmartSynth Sounds
Create score with piano and clarinet
Add simple notes to each part
No dynamics or markings of any sort.
Save Special – as Audio File (wav) (This is for burning to CD)
Check playback in I-Tunes and WMP.

Still greatly distorted.

This could be a real deal-maker for me. I make a lot of rehearsal CDs for my choirs.

Any ideas

Gary Griffiths.