On Aug 9, 2005, at 1:17 PM, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

Darcy James Argue schrieb:

Hi Chuck,
I believe it now works in the background, which I agree is a terrific improvement.

No, it doesn't work in the background, it's just faster.

I think Johannes is right about this, but it is much better. I have mine set to 15 minutes, but 5 would be safer. Still, if it loses things in a process which is going on while it saves, there's some danger. Which is less aggravating, having to redo a process in which you are engaged when the autosave runs (OK, if it doesn't hang up the whole program, I guess), or forgetting to save and having to redo an hour's worth of work? (What if there were no rhetorical questions?) Depends on how reliable your own "save" habits are. I find mine are fine for a while, and then I get complacent - not a good thing.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836