On 16/08/05, David W. Fenton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

There is no real analog to Program Manager in Win95 and all later
versions of Windows, which would perhaps make my Windows analog even
more wrong than the Mac example.

Well, none that is intended to be used, anyway. "progman.exe" still
exists in 9x version of Windows (and possibly Windows 2000, but not
XP), and you can run it the same way you used to in Win3.

Progman is still there in XP, although SP2 disabled it (or at least that's what I've been able to find out). I've found it in \WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$ and can run it from there, should I ever see the need.