On Aug 20, 2005, at 3:38 PM, Dalvin Boone wrote:

I would like to get some advice on binding a 16 page full score printed on 11" X 17" paper. I had assumed that a local copy store or Staples store could bind it with plastic comb or plastic wire coil, but none of the local
stores (Terre Haute IN) could bind the large size paper.

The chief problem is the extra-long binding strips. I get custom-length plastic combs from the Spiral Binding Corporation (they have an online presence, but you will have to phone in your order). They charge a flat $20 cutting surcharge for a custom length at any given diameter, regardless of how many combs you order, so it is to your advantage to order as many combs at once as you can possibly afford (or think you will ever need).

I think you will find that if you walk in with custom combs in hand, that many print shops will indeed be able to bind your 17" scores.

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/