On 22 Aug 2005 at 8:11, Brad Beyenhof wrote:

> On 22/08/05, Cecil Rigby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I need to achieve measure widths based on the number of seconds of
> > time in each measure, and am not satisfied with the results I've had
> > so far.
>
> Have you tried filling a hidden layer with quarter rests so there's
> something "real" that Finale can use to judge relative measure widths
> when spacing?

Rght -- and keep in mind that the Layer options in Document Options
allow you to have a layer that is invisible, yet still affects music
spacing.

This was the first thing I thought of, but when I read Dennis's
detailed instructions, I realized that laying out an actual score was
going to make this impossible, since system lenghts are going to
conflict with the lengths of groups of measures.