Did anyone consider the Aloisen New music font?
I rather like it.
Jim

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Simon Troup
Sent: Tue 23-Aug-05 11:40
To: finale@SHSU.EDU
Subject: Re: [Finale] Music fonts

>> I posted a (graphic) PDF file of a short piece in 8 versions (with 8
>> different music fonts).
>>
>> I'd be interested in reading your comments on these.

Hi David

while a few have some pretty ugly glyphs, like the clefs in 'November'
for example, there's nothing very much striking about any of them,
they'd all do. Any small difference in switching fonts is insignificant
in comparison to other decisions we all make such as spacing, template
design etc. (and that list is endless).

I know Brad was talking about Opus, yet to my mind the noteheads are
just too wide, it's all pretty subjective!

I like quite a lot of petrucci, to my eye the clefs are modern and
elegant for example, but the accidentals aren't as defined as other
fonts. Maybe I should experiment with petrucci again and switch the font
for the accidentals.

Hold on I'm changing my mind, the more I look at the the more picky I'm
getting :)

Simon Troup
Digital Music Art