On 27 Aug 2005 at 21:35, Ken Moore wrote:

> The best way to run a list is to expect the contributors to be
> moderate themselves, excluding them, after due warning, if they
> transgress persistently.

That's all well and good, and something that we can all agree on.

But it's completely orthogonal to the types of problems that have
caused people to complain in the last week, because the two issues
that were annoying people could only be resolved by the list owner.
There is nothing that any subscribers could do to unsubscribe the
autoresponding bozo's address or change the way the list writes the
Reply-To address.