At 03:44 PM 8/30/05 -0400, Aaron Sherber wrote:
>Looks like the Earthlink SMTP server has been greylisted by SHSU.
>(ix.netcom.com is now a part of Earthlink, I believe.)
>I've written Andrew directly in more detail, but I think this is
>something that the Earthlink mail admins need to take care of
>themselves -- there's nothing Andrew himself can do to clear up the greylist.

Greylisting generally lets the first email from a sender address sit
unsent, expecting the mail server to try again (in order to validate that
it is a legitimate email, not one sent from a zombie computer). Retrying is
part of the RFC, if I recall correctly, but the mail servers on some of the
large commercial ISPs don't resend mail automatically.

Dennis