On 18 Sep 2005 at 2:14, Owain Sutton wrote:

> I'm certainly not claiming to be the norm!  However, this use of
> multiple staff styles is the only way I've found to easily manipulate
> aleatoric passages, which I deal with fairly often.  And I don't see
> that the example that I've given is 'extreme' - I chose it because all
> I was doing was hiding key sigs, time sigs, bar lines, and repeat
> bars, at various stages.

Are you applying those kinds of settings to all staves in a certain
measure? If so, why use a staff style at all, since many of those
things can be turned off in the measure attributes dialog?

I do agree with your point that if you scroll to a point where the
leftmost measure is in the middle of a passage with the same staff
style, the name should be displayed in the staff style bar above the
first visible measure of that staff style. That seems common sense to
me.