On 18 Sep 2005 at 20:24, Randolph Peters wrote:

> Why we can't grab exactly what we want is a mystery to me as well.

I wonder if it has something to do with using note spacing. Perhaps
if you used beat spacing, the onscreen space would be directly
proportional to the rhythmic values, which should make it easier for
selection.

Well, I just tested, and it doesn't really seem to help.

What *does* help, is using a click-drag rectangle to enclose what you
want selected. There is some inconsistency in the effects of the left-
most boundary overlaping a note and the right-most boundary
overlapping, but once you've tested that, it is pretty consistent.

Indeed, it's exactly the same selection behavior as you get with the
articulation tool.

And it helps to use a large enough zoom factor so that you can
clearly select particular values.