David,

Yes, I can hear a small difference. I know because I expected (before reading carefully) to hear the more compressed file first and noticed a slight veiling in the second sample.

That said, I don't think it makes a whit of practical difference in demonstrating the arrangement to those who may eventually play it.

I say, use smaller files in this instance. This from one who favors good sound (and the unfortunately large file sizes that go with that) for actual recordings.

Hope this helps you.

Chuck