Johannes Gebauer / 2005/09/30 / 02:35 PM wrote:

>Jitter, by definition, only occurs either
>in A/D or in D/A conversion.

To be correct, only at A/D, not at D/A, if we are talking about the
jitter caused by clock.

>Also, if, and only if, the soundcard has been doing a DA and then an AD
>conversion there can be all sorts of problems, not just jitter. In this
>respect David is correct. I just cannot understand why this double
>conversion would be done in the first place, and how the signal is
>looped back from output to input.

That's what I was trying to explain.  The applications he tried does not
allow otherwise, as I understand it.  That's why I mentioned inter-
application audio driver link, such as Soundflower or WireTap on Mac
side, needs to be involved on his Windows.

Are we not terribly OT yet?
Is anyone else even interested in this subject?
:-)

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>