Hi all,

I've found a workaround for the problem I reported earlier. I just need to apply the Blank Notation staff style to the measures under my text expression. This gets rid of the rests, and the opaque expression covers up the staff lines.

(Actually, what I did was define my own blank notation style called Foo, because then before I extract parts I can either "undefine" the style (by setting all the options back to default) or I can do 'clear staff style "foo"' in FinaleScript. This gets those measures to display properly in parts without disturbing other measures I want to keep blank. Hey, this is the first thing I've actually found a use for FinaleScript for!)

Thanks,
Aaron.