I tried the class with some files made by me (and I mean completely created
form scratch using a program I made) and the result came out right.

You could try to open the MIDI files with a sequencer, export them again as
MIDI files and try the class again.

I have found that Finale does funny things with MIDI sometimes.

Hope you find the solution!