At 12:39 AM 10/13/2005, David W. Fenton wrote:
>Well, if by higher it has >0 security, yes, that's true. I've never
>understood why anyone running an NT-based version of Windows (and not
>dual booting) would use anything other than NTFS in the first place.

I dual booted (and triple, and quadruple) for several years, so that's where I got into the habit. Even after I switched exclusively to Win2000, I stayed with FAT32 for a long while because in case of some kind of crash that rendered the disk unbootable, I could use a Win98 boot floppy to access the files on my hard drive. I have since acquired things like ERD Commander and Ghost and an external backup drive, so FAT32 isn't important to me anymore.

>Perhaps there's something involved in Finale's authorization scheme
>that is based on the way the Finale files are written to the disk, so
>that, say, re-partitioning your hard drive to have smaller sector
>sizes would trigger the problem as well.

After I switched from FAT32 to NTFS (and re-regged Finale) I later repartitioned my drives, and this had no effect on the registration.

This all makes for an interesting parlor game, though.

Aaron.