On 21 Oct 2005 at 22:40, bill wrote:

I feel really stupid:  My Automatic Update in 2k5 upgrade was
unchecked after many years of assuming that upgrading to the next
"invaluable" version of Finale would preserve previous and relevant
settings.

This option is set the same as always in my version of FinMac2005b. Perhaps the option in yours became unchecked by accident, or though gamma radiation. Don't laugh, this happens to me all the time; some option that I have set and forgotten about (or never touched at all) gets switched in a way that completely screws me up.

Also, I have often seen the problem that the original poster described. What happens is that the program hasn't had an opportunity yet to call the Update Layout function, so I have to do it manually even WITH auto update on. This dates way back, and is not new to 2006.

Christopher