Chuck Israels wrote:

Hard to believe that this is the first time I've encountered a situation in which trill notation is ambiguous, but....

Anyway, I'm in F minor, and there's a flute trill from G flat, and I want it to trill to A flat. Do I indicate tr natural? or tr flat? Just what do those accidentals on trills indicate?

Trills always go to the next note higher within the key, unless altered.

In your situation the note you want it to trill to is part of the key, so there's no need to do anything.

Simply writing Tr over a Gb while in the key of Ab will get you your Gb-Ab trill.

--
David H. Bailey