On Nov 2, 2005, at 8:11 AM, Carolyn Bremer wrote:

Yes, I've had this happen when I've opened someone else's file. Then
it becomes the default on your computer and most the your files will
get the dialogue box.

I find that merely deleting the "MacSymbolFont.txt" file doesn't
always work. When Finale makes  a new one, it gets info from the piece
and replicates a funky file.

Try opening it in a text editor (it's in the component folder) and
deleting the non-music fonts from it manually.

-Carolyn

Carolyn,

I tried both methods.  Deleting the entire "MacSymbolFont.txt" file results in a series of dialog boxes asking to define fonts, so that is not helpful. Opening the file and deleting the "Times" font leaves me just where I had been, with the same single dialog asking about making it a symbol font or leaving it as a text font (which I assume it is).  Finale seems confused, and I'd like to help it clear this up, but I don't know what to do next.

I have written Macsupport.  Perhaps they'll have a solution.

Until they respond, I'll be glad to try other ideas.

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace