Which is a poor argument. Look, I bought Finale 2006 in order to get new features and better performance. Both of which were advertised. Instead, I received an installer on the Mac side that wiped out a whole directory on my computer, serious performance lags, and huge bugs (ie: my printing issue).

How many different hardware installations are on the Apple platform? Does it matter? Wiping out a directory is just plain bad programming on Make Music's part, and laziness or lack of testing as well.

People bought Finale 2006 under the assumption it would work as well as 2005 and then some. It's anything BUT right now......

dhbailey wrote:
They laugh at software that doesn't work because when you throw it at them it doesn't hurt them (maybe if we filed the edges of our installation CDs into ninja death stars and threw them at makemusic?) but if everybody threw their hardware nanopods at Steve Jobs, he'd get hurt.

Software gets to hide behind the "it'll never be perfect because we don't feel like making it perfect -- oops what I meant to say was it'll never be perfect because there's too many different hardware installations for us to cope with" while hardware is something that even judges and juries understand when it doesn't function properly.