----- Original Message ----- From: "Noel Stoutenburg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <finale@shsu.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 2:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Finale] PDFs on WinFin2005

Try this: open the control panel, and select the area that controls printers. Look for the Adobe PDF writer, which should be represented in this area, and "right-click" on the icon, to open the drop down menu. Select "properties", and on the tab for fonts, make certain the box, "embed all fonts" (or words to that effect) is checked. When I have had problems such as you have described, this has cured them.

ns

I tried that Noel, but it makes no difference I'm afraid. I think the most likely cause is that the driver must be fairly old now - version 3.03. I can't remember how long I've been using it, probably >2 years. The really nice thing about it is that the size of the PDF files it generates (particularly of my AutoCAD drawings) are great for emailing, so I will continue to use it for that. For Finale and Sibelius files I will need to use
the CuteFTP Writer that "Nightingale" recommended.

Thanks for your help
Peter