David, I'm sorry, but I do have the feeling there's something wrong with your file. I tried a multi-key signature file as you described, and everything worked fine. Maybe you should try to import the music into a clean default file. Maybe that helps?
Good luck, Minke
(WinFin2K5)

----- Original Message ----- From: "LGS-Europe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Finale list to" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 11:33 AM
Subject: [Finale] independant time signature woes

Dear collected wisdom

I've arranged a song by Debussy. Vocal part in 4/4, accompaniment in 12/8. I've given the vocal staff an independant time signature. Notation looks good, but ... 1) playback is a mess (I don't mind, but still, it would have been nice to have an aural check) 2) articulations have to be attched one by one, as select regions does not behave properly (ok, I did) 3) smart shapes (crescendo, decrescendo) are almost impossible to position; what I see is not what I get, mouse and cursor go litterally in different directions when I try to move a crescendo sign.

Am I doing something wrong, or is working with independant time signatures simply not the thing to do? A solution would be to notate all in 12/8 after all, and use tuplets with hidden brackets and numbers for the vocal staff. Is there a way to change the notation more or less automatically?

Any help appreciated (I'm on the digest, so my warm thanks might take a while).

David - WinFin2K6