Stan Lord wrote:

Using FinMac 2006a,

I want to playback my piece initially at met. 66, no human playback. then at 146 jazz human playback at bar 22.

Fiddling about with the Expression tool and playback controls I can't make it do what I want.

I can get the tempo to change but an expression turning H.Playback off at the beginning has no effect. I have to have H.P set for Jazz at bar 22.

Maybe leaving HP off at the beginning and then use an expression to turn HP ON at bar 22.

Maybe it would be easier to create 2 staff styles, one with HP set to NONE (or maybe Standard) and then another one for the rest of the piece, with HP set to JAZZ. Then apply the no-HP staff style to the first 21 measures. I'm not sure if you'd need the second staff style, if your playback is set to use HP-Jazz, it might start up in the measure following the final one where you use your NO-HP staff style.

Just suggestions -- I've never tried them.

--
David H. Bailey