At 1:13 PM -0500 11/30/05, Andrew Stiller wrote:
On Nov 29, 2005, at 5:22 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

Andrew,

First off, are you certain your wife's iMac has an internal burner? I don't believe this was standard on the first-gen iMacs.

First of all, thanks to all who answered my query. Very helpful.

As to the point above, tho, I find it hard to believe. 1st-gen. iMacs were the first to have no floppy drive. If they can't burn data to a CD, then they can't copy to removable media at all!

If I remember correctly, it was optional at extra cost, but I may not remember correctly. Certainly at the time more of us were thinking in terms of a 3rd party add-on floppy drive than of burning CDs. I still have mine, although it never did work very well.

John

--
John & Susie Howell
Virginia Tech Department of Music