What is a "smart line?"

Why not just create a smart line that says "alt fingering" and extends over the passage? Any jazz player will be familiar with the technique, but alternate fingerings (like multiphonics) tend to be a personal thing -- some that work on one horn won't work on another.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://secretsociety.typepad.com