Title: Re: [Finale] Smart Line Designer problem
Thanks for the plug, Chuck.    As usual, I owe you a lot.

Johannes, there is no way that Finale provides to do what you are trying to do easily.  The best workaround that I have found is to create the "Smart Line" with the text beginning and ending, and then apply a text _expression_ (with the same font/size/style) with an opaque enclosure with the enclosure line thickness set to "0" to "white out" the dashed Smart Line line.  Apply that text _expression_ to something in the middle and you're good to go.  This will also work in situations like "cresc - - - a - - - poco - - a - - - poco - - -", as the Smart Line origin and ending remain anchored, and the interior text (being opaque) will always interrupt (block out) the line no matter where it is.

Bill

From: Chuck Israels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 08:38:53 -0800
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] Smart Line Designer problem

Hi Johannes,

Bill Duncan has smart lines in his Finale Productivity package that can be modified to do things like this (with three elements), and they work beautifully.  There is nothing exactly like what you describe, but I've been able to figure out how to edit the existing ones to achieve things just like this.  Whether it's worth the cost is another story, but there are other things in the package that might also be useful, and I think it's worth a look.

<www.gwmp.com>

Merry Christmas,

Chuck