Okay; the frustration level has now reached the simpering point...

WinFin 2006b; I have an older file created in '04 which I've converted over to '06. Full orchestral score and I need to make a soundfile of it - I've been trying to load the VST to play it back but here's the problem: When I load my WW into the first bank, no playback - no recognition of ANY instruments loaded. If I make that exact same load into bank 2, great playback! Okay fine.....but then if I try to load brass into the third bank: no brass playback - still only WW. Ditto if I try strings; I've tried every which way to load and have used banks in and out of order. I've checked to make sure there's nothing odd about the one bank or the other and that all my channels are unmuted; what have I missed?

I've been using the auto set-up to create new files and have been impressed with the quality (for what it's worth) of GPO but I'm frustrated with trying to make this older file play back with GPO -- any ideas? At this point I actually relish the possibility of being told I've done something really stupid or glaringly lame but easily remedied.

Thanks in advance for/to your collective wisdom.....

Best,

Les

Les Marsden
Founding Music Director and Conductor,
The Mariposa Symphony Orchestra
Music and Mariposa?  Ahhhhh, Paradise!!!

http://arts-mariposa.org/symphony.html
http://www.sierratel.com/mcf/nprc/mso.htm
http://www.geocities.com/~jbenz/lesbio.html

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Marsden;Les - MSO
FN:Les - MSO Marsden
ORG:Mariposa County Arts Council, Inc
TEL;HOME;VOICE:(209) 966-6988
TEL;HOME;FAX:(209) 966-6988
ADR;WORK:;;5009 Fifth Street;Mariposa;CA;95338
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:5009 Fifth Street=0D=0AMariposa, CA 95338
ADR;HOME:;;7145 Snyder Creek Road;Mariposa;CA;95338-9641
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:7145 Snyder Creek Road=0D=0AMariposa, CA 95338-9641
URL;HOME:http://www.geocities.com/~jbenz/lesbio.html
URL;WORK:http://arts-mariposa.org/symphony.html
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
REV:20051228T012516Z