On 12/28/05, Johannes Gebauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> (And if any MacOS X geeks read this, how on earth do you turn off the
> Spotlight icon in the menu bar, preferably while retaining some search
> ability? This thing is wasting my menu space!)

There's an article at MacOSXhints about this:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20050430210248363

It will disable the use of Spotlight as its own application, but you
will still be able to perform Spotlight searches via Finder windows.
Also, you can use Quicksilver to perform on-demand search (not as
extensive as Spotlight, but still very useful as an app launcher).

--
Brad Beyenhof
Real-time Finale discussion: http://www.finaleirc.com