[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Thank you, the tutorial is terrific and no doubt I'll be using it a lot - thanks for the pointer. Just one question though, am I being picky in thinking that maybe it should have been in the box with my CD?

What, you expect a software manufacturer to actually provide you with proper instructions on how to use the product? :-)

No, you're not being picky -- this whole GPO thing was rather hurried and not well thought out, as far as ensuring that the end-user who is brand-new to GPO knows how to make things work.

In light of Sibelius' new offering of a GPO-Sibelius version, I wonder if MakeMusic was hurrying/scurrying to get it out the door so that the 2006 upgrade wouldn't be completely trumped by Sibelius.

But we should be grateful to Darcy for taking the time to write a comprehensive guide. I would hope that MakeMusic and Garritan would split the cost of recompensing him for doing what they should have gotten together to do in the first place!

Another picky point is that it it is on the GPO web-site, not the MakeMusic web-site! Or did I misread things?

I just followed the link, and another picky point is that at least in Netscape, the only link is the tiny red dot, while all the other links on that page are linked for the entire name, complete with underline.

Oh well, at least I found it and downloaded it and as with many others on this list, I owe a deep debt of gratitude to Darcy!

Thank you Darcy!

--
David H. Bailey