I work on baroque music, so I typically do data entry first, then clean up after I have done all my proof-reading.

Usually I have to use the page layout tool to reduce the size of the systems to get at least 2 on a page.

Typically what I do is tweak the sizing a bit, and once I'm happy, I manually adjust the first page by dragging and seeing how things look.

My question involves the subsequent pages---is there a trick or technique to making sure all the pages are uniform in how the systems lay out on the pages?
In other words, so when you go from page to page, the systems don't jiggle around (because you didn't place them in the right spot).

My technique is to zoom on each page, use grids and snap the system to it, and tweak it that way.
Is there an easier way or am I doing this correctly.

--
Kim Patrick Clow
"There's really only two types of music: good and bad." ~ Rossini