It sounds like the problem was identified, not solved, Gerry...and I can't see how Retrograde's inability to deal with simple triplets allows it to be described as being able to "handle complex rhythms".

It would seem that it's the tuplet nature of the figure that's the problem rather than its actual rhythmic value though. While a 4:3 group of sixteenths caused the plug-in to freeze, it could handle the same figure when notated as four dotted thirty seconds. But a plug in that can't handle even triplet quavers is simply broken.

Jim