On 09.01.2006 Andrew Stiller wrote:
> -- Is there a consensus on this list that engraver slurs should be used?

Absolutely not! Engraver slurs need just as much tweaking as regular slurs in order to look right, and IMO the old slurs are more easily adjusted. I instruct everyone who publishes with me to turn off engraver slurs before beginning their work.

That doesn't really surprise me, but I would still argue against it: Imo, Engraver slurs do work, and avoid quite a lot of manual tweaks, but it depends very much on the settings. The main thing is that any stretching needs to be avoided, by making the lifting amount very large.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de