>But it seems to me that it is a reasonable design choice in editing text
>blocks, to expect that if one wants to edit a higher numbered block, to
>access it by way of the "up arrow", and to access a lower numbered block
>by using the "down arrow", and it appears that he designers of the
>interface used the same basic design in the "edit lyrics" and the "edit
>text block" dialogs.

If you're inputting lyrics (Type Into Score) and want to get from 1 to 2
you press the down arrow, so that to me means that it is internally
inconsistent.

The logic seems pretty simple to me, make any numbered list and see
which way you wrote it ... top to bottom most likely. That's why the
lists of instruments in the instrument list run from top to bottom, and
why text expression numbers start with 1 at the top.

Number 1 is first, and that should be at the top - it is back to front.
I understand your idea of higher numbered blocks, but I'm struggling to
think of any real world analogies where it's actually used, and it's use
in Finale is very much the exception to the rule.

--
Simon Troup
Digital Music Art