On Jan 12, 2006, at 10:37 AM, Simon Troup wrote:

Is it just me or are the arrows the wrong way around for selecting which
set of lyrics to edit in the edit lyrics dialogue box.

I feel that way about ALL dialog boxes in which one clicks the up arrow to decrement and the down arrow to increment. To name just one examples out of scores, if I open up the window to set my system's clock and calendar, clicking the up arrow moves me to Jan 13, and clicking the down arrow moves me to Jan 11.

I don't know why, but by my intuition, that's backward. To my way of thinking, clicking down, as if continuing down the page, should make the number become more/forward/later, whille clicking up should make the number become less/backward/earlier.

Of course I realize that the standard practice in software is to do exactly the opposite, but even after years of struggling with it, it still feels wrong to me, and I still click the wrong arrow as often as not.

mdl