It seems that nearly every time I open Finale now it tells me that it's expecting blah, blah, blah midi device. Of course the midi device is still connected and turned on from the last time I opened Finale. Finale seems to have forgotten. So I go to midi set-up and sure enough the midi device is greyed out. BUT, nothing I do seems to have any affect in that dialogue box, I scan for midi devices , I set up a new configuration, blah, blah, blah, then after about an hours wasted time it'll suddenly decide to work. I don't know what I've done to set if off!

Is this a preference's thing? Because I've had trouble with Finale forgetting them when I open it by double clicking on a file. Don't know if it's related but I've programmed Finale's start-up action be the launch window. But it never opens when start Finale.

This incredibly annoying, I'm on a deadline and can't afford this waste of time! I've been a great supporter of Finale but since system X things seem to go wrong all the time. It used to be that all the posts on these forums were questions about how to use the program, now it's all about bugs!

Mac Powerbook G4 - Radium 49 - Tiger

Mike Greensill

www.mikegreensill.com