Hi all!
Lately, I've been having a problem with the MIDI tool and key velocities. I often will use the pre-defined expressions for dynamic markings that are programmed into Finale (I use 2002b, by the way). Now, when I go to create a hairpin's playback between two such marks, I've noticed that the ending dynamic mark is exaggerated. For example, a crescendo between piano and mezzo-forte. Piano is defined as KV=49 and mezzo-forte is defined as KV=72. So I use the MIDI tool to create the crescendo, scaling between the two dynamic levels to define the marks. Well, when I play it back, the finale mf sounds closer to a forte. It's too loud. How does Finale handle a note if it has a key velocity defined both by the MIDI tool and a note expression?

Yours,
Adam