Great answers from the "pros!"

Thank you all.

Jim Mays

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Darcy James Argue
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2006 9:15 PM
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] fp

On 21 Jan 2006, at 4:20 PM, Jim Mays wrote:

> I understand recent Human Playback can simulate that. However, I'd
> like to
> do it manually.

No, actually -- trust me, you *really* don't want to do it manually.

> I have WinFin 2006c, but I have a client who uses WinFin 2005 --
> he's the
> one who wants to avoid HP.

This is, IMO, ridiculous. HP-generated "fp" marks (and fp-crescendos)
are tempo- and context-sensitive, and much more musical than anything
you'd get with a static expression. Plus, as responses to this thread
have tended to suggest, creating functional "fp" expressions in
Finale is quite the chore. I hope your client is paying you a *lot*
of money to jump through these hoops.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]