Andrew Stiller écrit:
It's not my descendants I'm concerned about (I have none), but posterity in general. I flatter myself that some of the work I've done is of permanent, if specialized, value, and I am concerned that the dissemination of my Heinrich and Hiller publications (at the very least) not stop dead when I do.

Couldn't you find someone who has the knowledge and the interest to pursue your work, and give him or her copies of both all your Finale files and necessary fonts and PDFs of all of them?

Dennis

That brings us full circle, because that is exactly what I have been pondering. For many years I tried to find someone who would keep up Kallisti Music Press just as it is, and have really found no one--everybody has their own agenda, and of course they're not the same as mine. Within the past few days I've realized that the best approach would be to preserve my stuff not as an ongoing business, but as a digital archive, and that therefore the best place to will it is to a library. The State University of New York at Buffalo, where I did my graduate work and w. whose library staff I have regular dealings (the Lejaren Hiller archive is there) is the obvious choice. At this point I just have to make sure that everything is in a condition to be easily transferrable, and to leave instructions for the transfer in an obvious and easily locatable place.

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/