John Howell wrote:

At 4:29 PM -0800 1/29/06, Carl Dershem wrote:

I rarely go to pop concerts either, because of screaming lunatics (both on- and off-stage), high prices, and generally not great music. Same goes for 'big ticket' musicals.

An invitation: The 15th annual Summer Musical production in Blacksburg, Virginia, all-community, all-volunteer including creative staff and orchestra, "Kiss Me, Kate." Play dates August 10-20, 2006, dark Monday-Wednesday. Tickets, $12 all seats, $8 seniors and students. Not as good, not as professional as the glitzy Broadway versions? Of course, but sometimes darned good, and the price is right! (Now, I still need to find a horn and a lead alto!)

I could play the horn part (I've done that show a few times), but the commute would be a killer! :)

cd
--
http://www.livejournal.com/users/dershem/#