On Jan 31, 2006, at 4:08 AM, Christopher Smith wrote:

The only big loss of functionality with the new copy behaviour (for me on Mac, dunno about PC) is that drag-and-drop between documents is now disabled,

Christopher,

I just tried this, and it does work. It's a little dicey sometimes - slow drawing of the outline of the selected measures, but it is not disabled.

and copy-paste between documents doesn't copy everything, so you have to use Clip Files and INSERT them (not Replace Items from Clip File) to copy certain items between documents.

When you do this (I haven't tried it), does that mean that you add new measures into the target document? Do they appear before the selected insertion point?

Somebody at MakeMusic really got things right with this new copying behaviour. I know I've said it before, but this ranks up there with Staff Styles, Metatools, and Auto-placing expressions for helping productivity.

I agree that the copying behavior is much more consistent and understandable. Once I figured it out, it's been working well for me.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836