At 03:41 PM 2/15/06 +0100, dc wrote:
>Barbara Touburg écrit:
>>You can adjust the price per item (between 0,025 and 0,045 eurocents) to
>>compensate for complex pages. (Remember that Donemus pays this price to
>>their engravers. They have their own overhead costs that go on top of
>>their rate.) That's what I do and it works fine.
>
>Thanks for reminding me of this. I do think that this adjustable price per
>item is a rather reasonable idea.

I think it depends on the kind of music. In the first appearance of a piece
of music, especially one with complicated temporal events, uncommon or new
elements, low stylistic precedent, etc., the per-item price would end up
being minimum wage. I did a 4-page solo piece for which I received close to
$600 (from a happy customer) because the size and placement of a relatively
few elements was precise, and the piece went back and forth for editorial
examination for several dozen times over 18 months.

Dennis (the other)

--

Please participate in my latest project:
http://maltedmedia.com/people/bathory/365-2007.html