keith helgesen wrote:

I know I can get instant playback with Spacebar, Click measure, and single part playback with Shift, spacebar, click measure. I also know how to

create and use list- ie Brass, woodwinds, etc.

Query- can I somehow ask for playback from, for example Horns and Saxes, or Flutes, Trpts and Baritone?

I realize I can create a list for each combination, but I am talking about a ‘one-off’ checking of one line or phrase –or even note, against another, which may only last four measures and may never be used again.

Maybe highlight required staves or something? (That doesn’t work, by the way!)

WinFin 2001d

Cheers, Keith in OZ

Not really the way you want, Keith. The closest thing would be to click on: Window / Instrument List / then select S for "solo" for each instrument you want to hear. (Or M for "mute" for each instrument you DON'T want ti hear). You can leave that window open while you hit playback, or not. When you are done with that hearing, you'll have to undo that procedure to get the tutti playback to return.

Ray in US