On Feb 17, 2006, at 6:05 PM, eshbmusic1 wrote:

Sorry for the OT post, and I did read the manual!

I am trying to enter data about musical works in an Excel spreadsheet. I've figured out how to get a 3/4 time signature to display as 3/4 rather than March 4, but can't find a way to get 6/8 to remain as I enter it. Excel wants to reduce it to 3/4, and 2/4 to 1/2. Anyone know how to keep this from happening?
TIA
Erica Buxbaum

You don't say what you are using the data for, but if you format the cell as Text, it will keep the entries you make exactly as you enter them, and not reduce or transform them in any way.

If you need the cell to stay numerical, you may be out of luck, but I can't imagine what would cause that need.

Christopher