Hi Don,

I made a font called "Articulations" which addresses that without any
tweaking with stem length, as well as many other annoying issues.  The trem
angle is reduced from the stock MM choices, and a tad wider one was made for
whole notes.

Look at the examples at:  http://www.gwmp.com/MusicFontsFrameset.htm

Almost everything is entered and positioned without any tweaking at all, as
if it was mass-applied.

Bill Duncan