I think Cameo became Judy Green Music, which is the only one left.

Joel Sears

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Dean M. Estabrook
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 12:22 PM
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] Re: reduction size (was Pesky Page Turns)

I often wondered what happened to Cameo too .... man, that was a long
time ago. I still have my electric eraser sitting hard by me, like an
old soldier longing for the sounds of the battlefield. Might hang on to
the vellums, who knows, perhaps a museum might place some value on the
antiquities in my daughter's future.

Dean

On Feb 20, 2006, at 10:05 AM, Raymond Horton wrote:

> John Howell wrote:
>

>> Ah, another alumnus of 1527 1/2 North Vine St. in Hollywood!!!  I
>> wonder if they're still there.  We used engrossing ink, which most
>> people have never heard of.
>>
>> When I switched from hand copying to computer, I found that actually
>> entering the notes took me about the same amount of time, but the
>> savings was in being able to manipulate things once entered, just
>> like with word processing.  I now work directly to the computer, and
>> have a cabinet full of manuscript paper (King Brand, not Cameo) that
>> I may never use up!
>>
>> John
>>
> Oh sure, I used Cameo ink and vellum.  In my comp teacher's eyes it
> wasn't really music unless it was sketched on a Cameo pad and copied
> on Cameo vellum.
> Later, one of the Cameo main employee's started her own company - what

> was that name?
> I never got along with pen and ink - the pens never worked right for
> me.  My wife copied my master's thesis score for me as a I fed her the

> pencil pages.  The computer was a godsend for me.  And I love being
> able to fiddle with old files - rearrange old arrangements, etc.
> RBH

As a newly diagnosed diabetic,  self denial is now my ally,  exercise
my master.

Dean M. Estabrook

Retired Church Musician
Composer, Arranger